One Pot Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Hillshire Farm Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
Adapted from yellowblissroad.com
Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
Makes about 4 servings.