Artichoke, Fennel, Asparagus, Green Bean and Fresh Summer Truffle Salad, Topped with Grilled Halibut Fillet in a Truffle Vinaigrette
- 4 Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 8 Asparagus Spears
- 4 OZ French Green Beans
- 2 Whole Fennel Bulbs
- 1 ounce summer truffles
- 1 ounce shallots finely diced
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 T Truffle Oil
- 6 T Sherry Vinegar
- 4 5 OZ Halibut Fillets
- 4 OZ Fresh mesclun baby lettus
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
Trim outer leaves of artichokes all the way to the heart, Cook artichoke hearts in simmering water with lemon juice for 7 to 8 minutes, coll down in Ice water bath, and then cut into small sections.
Peel and cook Asparagus for 1 minute in simmering water, Cool down in an Ice bath and cut each into three sections
Trim and snip green beans, cook in boiling water for 40 minutes or until tender, cool down in an ice bath.
Clean up fennel. Cut out center part, and then cook in boiling water for 40 minutes, or until tender. Cool in an ice bath and cut into wedges.
Slice summer truffle very finely and set aside. IN a small salad bowl mix the shallots, EVOO, Truffle oil, sherry vinegar, and S&P to taste. Set Dressing aside.
Preheat grill to medium high, season halibut with S&P and grill on both sides until just cooked through.
On 4 large dinner plates, arrange baby lettuces, artichokes, asparagus, green beans and fennel. Place halibut in the center on top, dribble with vinaigrette and garnish with fresh truffles.
You'll also love
- Swiss Bacon Pleasures 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Saute with Ginger Garlic &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Teriyaki 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Crab and Red Pepper Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Healthy Asparagus Basil Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon (honey orange marinade) -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke Pesto on Ciabatta 0/5 (0 Votes)