Cherry Cheesecake angel Food Cake Roll
- 1 angel food cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 1/4 cup + 3/4 cup powdered icing sugar
- 8 oz. light cream cheese 1 package, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream 35% very cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- crushed graham crackers for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 10 x 15 x 1 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease lightly (optional --it will climb higher if you leave ungreased).
2. Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions and spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. It will rise up and even above the edge of the pan but will not overflow.
3. Lay a clean lint-free kitchen towel on the counter and dust with 1/4 cup owdered sugar. Flip hot cake out onto the prepared towel and immediately roll up starting at the short end, with the towel inside.
4. Set aside to cool to room temperature, placing in the fridge or freezer if you want to speed up the process.
5. To make the filling, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cream and vanilla and beat until thick and stiff peaks form. This can take some time, up to 5 minutes.
6. Make sure that it is completely cool and then unroll the cake. spread with 3/4 of the cream cheese filling
and then spread with 3/4 of the cherry pie filling.
7. Carefully roll back up (no towel this time!) starting at the short end. Cover roll with remaining cream cheese frosting and cherry pie filling. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before slicing for clean slices.