Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp Scampi And Broccoli
- 1 1/4 pounds medium or large shrimp shelled, deveined, rinsed, and patted dry
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter - (to 6 tbspns) room temperature
- 1 bunch broccoli - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) cut medium
- 9 ounces fresh angel hair pasta - (to 10 oz)
- (or 8 oz dried angel hair pasta)
Combine shrimp, garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 4 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Remove shrimp from marinade and reserve marinade. Remove garlic pieces adhering to shrimp with a small rubber spatula and return garlic to marinade.
Put 2 to 4 tablespoons butter in a large, warm bowl for tossing with pasta. Add broccoli to a large saucepan of enough boiling salt water to cover generously. Cook uncovered over high heat about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain broccoli well. Return to saucepan. Cover and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add shrimp and saute, tossing often, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until pink on the outside; large shrimp can be white inside when cut. Reserving fat in skillet, transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Cut some of larger shrimp into thirds. Cover and keep warm.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt, then pasta. Cook, uncovered, over high heat, separating strands occasionally with a fork, about 2 minutes for fresh or about 8 minutes for dried or until tender but firm to the bite.
Drain well. Add angel hair to the bowl containing butter pieces and toss well. Add about 2/3 of shrimp and about 1/2 of broccoli flowerets; toss.
Add shrimp marinade to skillet used to cook shrimp. Cook over medium heat, stirring, about 1 minute or until garlic is tender but not brown. Immediately pour mixture over pasta and toss until blended. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Mound pasta mixture on a large heated platter and encircle with remaining shrimp and broccoli.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Paleo Lobster Eggs Benedict with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Noodles 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli... 4/5 (45 Votes)