French Toast Casserole
- For the Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 1 bread loaf cut into 1-inch squares
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 16 oz. fresh berries
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- 2 oz. cream cheese room temp.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 1/2 TBS whole milk
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and ground cinnamon and sugar.
2. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and add them to the egg mixture. Stir to generously soak the bread then transfer to baking dish.
3. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread and arrange bread evenly, patting down if needed.
4. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then uncover and bake another 15 -20 minutes, until tops of bread are crispy
5. Meanwhile, prepare cream cheese drizzle; beat cream cheese until creamy. add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and beat until thick and drizzling consistency.
6. To serve, top with fresh berries and use a teaspoon to drizzle cream cheese over the French Toast Casserole.
You'll also love
- French toast casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)