Lemon Sandwich Cookies
These lemon sandwich cookies are unique, sophisticated, delicious, and very easy to make.
- 16 tablespoons (2-sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Creamy Lemon Filling
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, and salt until combined. With mixer on low, add flour (dough will still be stiff); finish mixing with a wooden spoon.
Turn dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, pat into a disk about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour (and up to 3 days).
Unwrap dough; place on a lightly floured piece of parchment or waxed paper. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough about 1/8 inch thick (if dough cracks, let it warm up slightly).
Cut out cookies with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter (reroll scraps once, chilling of too soft). Place 1 inch apart on two baking sheets; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake until barely beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Form sandwiches: Place about 1 teaspoon Creamy Lemon Filling between two cookies, sugared sides facing out; squeeze gently.
You'll also love
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Apple Puff Up Pancake - Dutch... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Roll with Orange... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Muffins-Dunkin... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry Cupcakes with... 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Chocolate Champagne Truffles 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Lemon Lush 4.6/5 (27 Votes)