Soybean Salad with Walnut Pesto, Tomatoes, and Buttermilk Dressing
The Local Palate, April 2015, Page 99.
- Walnut Pesto
- 4 ounces toasted walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Chili flakes to taste
- Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 6 medium basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound shelled soybeans
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ounce finely grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from thelocalpalate.com
To make pesto, add walnuts, garlic, and cheese to a food processor. While running, drizzle in olive oil and process until uniform. Add salt and chili flakes to taste.
Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending until completely mixed. Season to taste.
To assemble salads, mix soybeans and tomatoes with buttermilk dressing. Divide onto 4 plates, drizzle each with walnut pesto, and sprinkle remaining 1 ounce of cheese on top to finish.
You'll also love
- Country French Pork Chops 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fried Egg, Asparagus Crimini... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Herb Tuna Salad, Clementine... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chickpea Pancakes with Leeks,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork & Pinto Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti w/ Chicken and Sun-dried... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Tomato - Cucumber Mozzarella Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)