Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Chocolate mousse is a classically elegant dessert. This version with coconut cream and avocado is a delicious dairy-free option.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- Tiny pinch salt
- Cinnamon for topping, optional
- Fresh berries for topping, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Scoop out the inside of the avocados and add to a blender or food processor. Add dates, raw cocoa, vanilla and salt.
Open the can of coconut milk, being careful not to shake it. The cream will have risen to the top, leaving a thinner liquid at the bottom. Add 1/4 cup cream to the blender, saving the remaining cream in a small bowl. Begin to blend the mousse, stopping often to push down the ingredients and stir. If it's too thick add liquid coconut milk a few tablespoons at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Hand whip remaining coconut cream until it has a soft "whipped cream" texture.
Portion mousse into 4 custard cups and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh berries, if desired.
You'll also love
- 10-Minute White Chocolate Mousse 4.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Caper Olive... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Best Banana Bread Ever 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Ham Waldorf Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Apple Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4.3/5 (6 Votes)