Spring Pea Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh peas blanched (or frozen peas, thawed)
- 4 celery ribs cut 1/4" dice
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill for garnish
- 1 mint sprig for garnish
Combine the mayonnaise and yogurt in a bowl. Gently fold in the peas, celery, cherries, pecans, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the dill. Remove to a decorative bowl and sprinkle with remaining dill. Garnish with the mint.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per serving: 370 calories, 20g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 30g fat, 10mg cholesterol.