Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup - (to 2)
- Coarse salt to taste
- Coarsely-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Thinly slice off the bottom of each sprout. Peel off the tough outer leaves. Cut half of the sprouts in half lengthwise.
Place in a bowl, toss with the oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake until the sprouts are just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve in a bowl sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per serving: 100 calories, 12g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 6g fat, no cholesterol.