Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Sauce
- 3 * 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- * Cooking spray
- 1 * 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch pieces, fat trimmed
- 1 * 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 * 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 * 1 (10-ounce) package presliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 * 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 * 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 * 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While noodles cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides.
Remove from pan; cover.
3. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots
and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes.
Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in Worcestershire Sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually add broth, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Add pepper, salt, and thyme sprigs.
Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Discard thyme sprigs. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.