Veal Medallions With Wild Mushrooms And Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 slice veal top round or tenderloin, 1/4" thick (abt 10 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup veal stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon divided
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
- Chopped fresh parsley
To prepare the veal and mushrooms: Season veal medallions with salt and pepper. In a preheated skillet saute the mushrooms until almost cooked in 4 tablespoons of canola oil. Add the veal slices and quickly brown on all sides. Remove veal and mushrooms to a heated platter.
To make the lemon cream sauce: Add 1/2 cup of veal stock to skillet, 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1/3 cup white wine, 1/4 of a lemon's zest and the juice of one lemon. Reduce heat and simmer to desired thickness.
Arrange veal and mushrooms on platter and ladle with sauce and garnish with the remaining lemon zest and chopped parsley.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (662 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)