Jim's Favorite Brisket Sauce Recipe
Give yourself 15 or 20 minutes to put it together and the same amount of time for cooking.
- One cup water
- Three -quarters cup ketchup One-quarter cup apple cider vinegar
- Two ribs of celery, finely chopped
- Two tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- One -half teaspoon minced garlic
- One -half stick of butter (please, no margarine here!)
- Three tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- One teaspoon chili powder
- One -half teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, and continue to simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Strain the sauce then allow to cool before serving. The flavor of this brisket sauce improves if made a day ahead of time and is refrigerated overnight. Great for finishing a brisket during the last 15 minutes of cooking, or when used as a dipping or sandwich sauce.