Baja Fish Tacos
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 1/2 pounds of firm white fish (Mahi Mahi, cod, halibut)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped. Add a pinch of salt and mash with knife blade until it looks like paste. You may have to add a bit more salt to make it easier to mash.
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tbls yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Chicken Base (like bouillon cube)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 c Mexican Beer
- 1 c flour
- Mexican Crema for topping
- 1/2 c shredded cabbage, for topping
Heat oil to 360 degrees in pot. Whisk all ingredients together. Cut fish into fingers and drop in the batter and fry until golden brown and crispy. Top with shredded cabbage and Mexican Crema.