Bacon & Hash Brown Egg Bake
Start off your weekend with this Bacon and Hash Brown Egg Bake, a hearty pile of soul-affirming breakfast foods under a blanket of melted cheese.
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 12 eggs
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, about 8 ounces
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 580mins
In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Using slotted spoon. Remove from pan to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. In large bowl, beat milk and eggs with wire whisk.
Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of hash browns in baking dish. Spread onion mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Spread remaining hash browns over top. Pour egg mixture on top. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 325°F. Uncover; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and the bacon. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, top is puffed and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Breakfast Sandwich 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Turkey Monte Cristo 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Pumpkin Truffle Pound Cake with... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Bacon,... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Sparkling Punch 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (77 Votes)