Mushroom Agnolotti with Wine Thyme Mushroom Sauce
I bought the Porcini mushroom powder from MySpiceSage.com
I bought the Mushroom Paradise Blend from spiceandtea.com
- 1 package prepared Mushroom Agnolotti
- 1 small package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Porcini mushroom powder
- 1/2 tsp Mushroom Paradise Blend
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1-2 T fresh butter
- salt to taste
1. In 1 T butter, brown 10-12 mushroom slices, leaving plenty of room between them, according to Julia Child. Drain them on a paper towel and set aside until ready to serve.
2. Dice the remaining mushrooms into peppercorn sized bits.
3. In 1 T butter, brown the diced onion for several minutes, and then add the diced onions. Cook both together until the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has mostly evaporated.
4. Add the thyme, mushroom powder, and Mushroom Paradise Blend, and salt. Blend well and then add the olive oil and white wine. Reduce heat until the Mushroom Agnolotti is ready.
5. Cook the Mushroom Agnolotti according to package instructions, and drain.
6. Put the Agnolotti into a serving dish and top with the mushroom sauce and sprinkle the browned mushrooms on top.