Chipotle Chicken Chili
- 2 yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeded and chopped, plus 1 TBS adobo sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 can black beans (15.5 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
Combine onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, broth, chipotle and adobo, coriander, salt and pepper in the base of a slow cooker; wedge chicken thighs into the mixture, submerging at least half of the meat in the liquid. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Remove chicken bones and shred meat back into slow cooker. Stir in beans and corn to heat through.