Slow Cooked Pork & Beans
source: taste of home 2012
- 1 pk. sliced bacon, chopped or 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15oz) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (160z) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (150z) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remover to paper towels to drain.
In a slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.