Individual Meat Lasagnas
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 35 min
Other time: 3 min
6 points plus
- 9 oz whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large egg white(s), uncooked
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked 95% lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked asparagus, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes, with onion and garlic
- 6 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided (Parmigiano-Reggiano suggested)
- 2 Tbsp basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg whites and oregano; set aside.
In a medium nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, breaking apart meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and stir to combine; set aside.
Slice noodles in half width-wise and then cut each half into 2 pieces so you have 4 equal-sized pieces from each noodle.
Generously coat twelve (6 oz) ramekins with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan in bottom of each ramekin and tilt muffin pan to evenly cover bottoms.
Place one noodle square on bottom of each muffin cup; top with about 1 1/2 tablespoons beef mixture and then top with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Repeat this step two more times to form 3 layers of noodles, beef and cheese in each cup. Place a final noodle square on each lasagna; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon remaining Parmesan.
Cover lasagnas tightly with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes; uncover and cook until browned on top, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven; let cool for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil just before serving. Yields 1 lasagna per serving.