Grilled Chicken Sausage & Summer Vegetable Saute
- 1 (12 ounce) package al fresco® All Natural Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in 2 to 3-inch strips
- 1 cup Vidalia, Texas Sweet or other sweet onion variety, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced on diagonal in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup packaged sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 24 oz. jar Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 12 oz. rigatoni or penne pasta
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Place sausage on an oiled grill rack, set 4-5" over medium-low heat--may use indirect heat on grill also. Grill with lid closed, turning sausages with tongs frequently for about 7-9 minutes, or until their internal temperature reaches 165. Remove from grill, keep warm
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain and reserve 1/4 c. of pasta water. Keep warm.
3.Heat oil in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic for one minute. Toss in the mushrooms, zucchini, yellow peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes; then add the reserved pasta water.
4. Slice the grilled sausage links on the diagonal 1/4" thick and toss with the vegetables. Add the Italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
5. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
6. Portion the cooked rigatoni/penne into 4-5 bowls and top with the sausage and vegetable saute.