Luscious Chopped Steak
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef chuck
- 2 scallions (3" of green left on) thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce plus
- extra for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sliced ripe tomatoes (optional) for serving
- Lemon Herb Couscous (see recipe)
In a bowl, gently combine the ground beef, scallions, parsley, lemon juice and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 2 patties, about 3 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches thick.
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on the first side, turn and cook for 3 minutes on the second side for medium-rare. Brush or baste the patties on the second side with some soy sauce.
Serve immediately with sliced tomatoes, if desired, and Lemon Herb Couscous.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Per serving (without the tomatoes or couscous): 200 calories, 2g carbohydrate, 22g protein, 12g fat, 60mg cholesterol.