Lemon Herb Couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 cup coarsely-chopped mixed herbs (chives, mint, parsley)
- 1 medium carrot peeled, and cut into tiny dice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove the water from the heat, stir in the couscous, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Remove to a bowl.
Add the lemon juice, olive oil and lemon zest, stirring in with a fork. Stir in the herbs and diced carrot. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: 280 calories, 52g carbohydrate, 9g protein, 4g fat, no cholesterol.
You'll also love
- Laurie's Cherry Tomato Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Horseradish Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gooey Orange Glazed Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Orange Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BLT Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veggies With Israeli Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With A Wow Clam Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Mustard Broiled Flounder 0/5 (0 Votes)