- 3 ripe avocados peeled, pitted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely-minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Puree 1 avocado, lime juice and garlic in a food processor. Coarsely mash 2 avocados with a fork in a bowl. Stir in the pureed avocado, the diced tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
Per tablespoon: 30 calories, 2g carbohydrate, no protein, 3g fat, no cholesterol.