Brie cheese with dried cherries, pecans and rosemary
elegant appetizer that features creamy Brie topped with an unexpected combination of sweet and savory ingredients, wrapped up in flaky puff pastry.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dried cherry, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff pastry sheet (1 sheet) thawed.
- 1 (15oz) Brie cheese round
- 1 pkg (13 ounces) Pepperidge Farm cracker Favorites
1. Heat oven to 400. Beat the egg and water in small bowl with
fork or whisk. Stir in the cherries, pecans, honey and
rosemary in a small bowl.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the
pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Cut off the corners to make
a circle. Spoon the cherry mixture in the center of circle.
Top with the cheese. Brush the edge of the circle with the egg
mixture. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the
excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg
mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate the
top with the pastry scraps and additional rosemary.Brush with
3. Bake for 25 min. or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand
for 45 min. Serve with crackers.
4. To soften cherries, stir them and 1/2 cup hot water in small
bowl. Let stand for 1 min. Drain the cherries and pat dry.