Golden Pineapple Relish
- 3 cups diced (1/2") fresh ripe pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup diced (1/4") red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced (1/4") white onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe casserole.
Cook, uncovered, on full power (650 to 700 watts) for 8 minutes. Stir, return to the microwave and cook another 8 minutes on full power. Cool.
Refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours for flavors to blend.
This recipe yields 2 cups.
Per tablespoon: 40 calories, 11g carbohydrates, no protein, no fat, no cholesterol.