Mushroom and Tomato Flatbread Topped with Fresh Arugula
Use a mixture of your favourite mushrooms (cremini, shitake and king oyster mushrooms). If you don't care for Taleggio or cannot get it, use brie or another soft cheese. Alternatively fontina or mozzarella will give a different texture, but still taste very good. You could use long Armenian flatbread or you could use a prepared pizza base or foccacia. Serve as a side dish with chicken or turkey, as a first course or as an hors d'oeuvre before the holiday meal.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large flatbread
- 8 oz Taleggio cheese, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or Madon salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Toss together tomatoes and mushrooms with oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Lay tomatoes and mushrooms in one layer on a baking pan and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Let cool, then slice mushrooms.
3. Brush a baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil. Lay flatbread on baking sheet and brush wtih remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Scatter over Taleggio cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes, and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Toss arugula with 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and arrange on top of flatbread. Sprinkle with salt.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)