Sea Scallops with Orange and Rosemary
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped shallots
- 16 dry-packed large sea scallops
- Flour for dredging
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs julienned orange peel
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary
1. Heat 2 tbs oil in large skillet. Saute shallots over med heat until soft. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside
2. Meanwhile, pat scallops dry with paper towels. Dredge very lightly with flour and season with salt and pepper.
3. Increase heat under pan to high, sear half of scallops for 1 min. Turn and cook other side for 2 min., set aside. Add rest of oil to pan; when hot, repeat process with remaining scallops.
4. Add wine, lemon juice, orange juice and peel to skillet (the sauce will sizzle and steam). Bring to a boil and reduce until thickened. about 5 min. Taste for sweetness; add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if necessary. Return shallots to pan and swirl in butter; add scallops to heat through and coat with sauce. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve