Coconut-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Bake chicken tenders for a quick, kid-friendly dinner. Serve with a sweet sauce for dipping!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 bag (14 oz) shredded coconut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne) or to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Place flour in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg with splash of water. In third shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and coconut.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken tenders. Coat each chicken tender with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat well with bread crumbs-coconut mixture. Place in single layer in ungreased shallow baking pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking, until chicken is no longer pink in center. (If chicken is getting too dark, cover loosely with sheet of foil.) Cool chicken slightly before serving.
Meanwhile, mix marmalade and ground red pepper in small bowl.
Serve chicken with marmalade mixture for dipping.
You'll also love
- Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Scalloped Wreath Gingerbread... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- BBQ POTATOES 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Orange Chocolate Praline Layer Cake 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Mom's Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Beef Bourguignon by Julia Child 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoky BBQ Wings 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Maple Coconut Macaroons with... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)