These are the BEST turkey burgers!!!!
- 1 & 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon groups black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or canola oil
1. Transfer ground meat to medium bowl. Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ricotta cheese, and mustard until blended, and divide meat into portions for your patty. Lightly toss one portion from hand to hand to form a ball, then lightly flatten ball with fingertips into 1-inch-thick patty. Repeat with remaining portions.
2. Cooking Indoors: Heat a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron or stainless steel with an aluminum core) over medium heat until very hot, 4-5 minutes. Swirl oil in pan to coat bottom, then add burgers. Cook over medium heat without moving burgers until bottom side of each is dark brown and crusted, 3-4 minutes. Turn burgers over; continue to cook until bottom side is light brown but not yet crusted, 3-4 minutes longer. Reduce heat to low, position cover slightly ajar on pan to allow steam to escape, and continue to cook 8-10 minutes longer, flipping burgers if necessary to promote deep browning, until center is completely cooked, or an instant-read thermometer inserted from the side of the burger into the center registers 160 degree. Remove from pan and serve immediately.