The sweetness of strawberries infused into citrus juice makes this chilled and fruity wine drink extra-special. A glass of Strawberry Sangria is a perfect addition to warm summer evenings spent outside.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 bottle of red wine, chilled (e.g., a non-sweet wine, like a Merlot or Cabernet)
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 1 can berry-flavored sparkling water, chilled (e.g., LaCroix)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced and frozen, for serving
- 1 orange, sliced and frozen, for serving
Adapted from 123rf.com
1. Combine fresh sliced strawberries, sugar, and juice of 1 orange at the bottom of a pitcher. Using a wooden spoon, muddle together berries, juice, and sugar until mashed well. Add wine and rum to strawberry mixture and stir.
2. To serve, add sparkling water and frozen strawberry and orange slices to pitcher. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers points.