Hearty Artichoke Penne
- 2 jars artichoke hearts marinated in oil - (6 oz ea)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans plum tomatoes - (28 oz ea) crushed, with
- their juices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cooked penne pasta for 6 to 8 people
Drain the artichokes and halve them lengthwise, reserving the artichokes and the oil marinade separately.
Place 3 tablespoons of the artichoke oil in a heavy pot. Add the onion and wilt, stirring, over low heat for 10 minutes; add the garlic during the last 2 minutes. Stir in the basil, oregano and red-pepper flakes.
Add the beef and brown over medium heat, breaking up the clumps. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Stir and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Add the reserved artichokes and remaining oil marinade and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring. Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasonings. Serve over cooked penne.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Per serving (based on 8): 472 calories, 57g carbohydrates, 21g protein, 18g fat, 38mg cholesterol.
You'll also love
- Grilled Trout 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fusilli With A Nifty Light Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Cucumber Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sesame Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Party Shrimp And Veggie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With White Clam Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)