- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 pound chorizo cut 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cuminr
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 jalapeños diced
- 1 can tomato sauce - (16 oz)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (16 oz) chopped, with juices
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans - (15 1/2 oz ea) drained, rinsed
- 1 can flat beer
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
Brown the beef, pork and chorizo in a nonstick skillet. Drain off the fat.
Heat oil in a heavy pot over low heat; cook onions, garlic and bell peppers for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in the next 9 ingredients; cook 2 to 3 minutes to mellow the flavors.
Add jalapeños, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and the browned meats. Heat through. Add beer, then simmer 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Season with salt. Serve with grated cheese, if desired.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per serving: 790 calories, 46g carbohydrates, 47g protein, 46g fat, 122mg cholesterol.