Crispy Cucumber Soup
- 2 1/2 hothouse (seedless) cucumbers peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Fresh Vegetable Broth (see recipe) (you may substitute canned vegetable or chicken broth)
- 4 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large red radishes cut 1/4" dice
Slice 2 hothouse cucumbers into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Cut the remaining 1/2 cucumber into 1/4-inch dice; reserve. To the cucumber slices, add the garlic, broth, 3 cups yogurt, 3/4 cup mint leaves and lemon juice. Process well in a blender or food processor until smooth. Remove to a bowl.
Whisk in the remaining cup of yogurt and the remaining 1/4 cup mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, combine the reserved diced cucumber and the diced radishes, then divide equally among 4 bowls. Ladle the soup into the bowls atop the vegetables. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: 193 calories, 31g carbohydrates, 15g protein, 2g fat, 3mg cholesterol.