Shaved Squash Salad
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.50 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.25 c. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey (preferably Louisiana)
- 1 lb. yellow summer squash
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 6 c. arugula
- 1 c. good-quality ricotta cheese
- Coarse sea salt
1. Heat large grill pan on high. Toss green onions with 1 teaspoon oil. Grill 5 to 6 minutes or until very tender and starting to char, turning occasionally. Transfer to cutting board and thinly slice.
2. In medium bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and honey; stir in green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. While whisking, drizzle in remaining 1/2 cup oil; set aside.
3. With mandolin, vegetable peeler or sharp chef's knife, very thinly slice squash into ribbons. In large bowl, toss squash with tomatoes, peas, and half of vinaigrette until well-coated. Taste and add more vinaigrette, if desired.
4. Divide arugula among 6 serving plates; top with squash mixture and large dollop of ricotta. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with coarse salt and black pepper, if desired.