Rich Ranch's Dutch Oven Stroganoff
- 1 pound stew meat or round steak trimmed, and cut up
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup - (10 oz ea)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- (or two 4-oz cans mushrooms, drained)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup sour cream
Place meat, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, and wine in Dutch oven. Bake all afternoon well-covered at 200 to 250 degrees. Allow at least three hours. The lower the temperature, the longer it cooks, the more tender the results.
Add one cup sour cream at serving time. Serve over noodles or rice. This recipe is a favorite with the wranglers, cooks and guests. It's easy to put together, easy to increase, and always turns out perfect! It's great to serve with fresh bread, fresh tossed salad and "Rich Ranch's Fresh Cranberry Salad" (see recipe).
This recipe yields ?? servings.