Date & Oat Bars
These simple and tasty date and oat bars are a healthy and nutritious choice of snacks. So go ahead and have two!
- 3 1/4 cups oats
- 20 Medjool dates (400-g)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2/3 cups sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds with 16 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Start by pre-heating the oven to 400°F.
Then combine the chia seeds and water in a mug. Let this mix sit for about ten minutes until a gel forms. While the chia gel forms, pit the dates and place them in a saucepan with the coconut oil. Allow the dates and coconut oil to melt for about five minutes – until the dates are nice and soft.
Next, place the dates and coconut oil into a blender with the water and blend until a smooth paste forms.
Add the oats, sunflower seeds, raisins and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and stir in the date mix. Then once the chia gel has formed stir this into the mix too.
Line a baking tray (about 6×9-inches) with baking paper, or grease it with coconut oil. Then pour the granola bar mix into it the baking tray and spread it evenly across.
Place the tray in the oven for about 35 minutes, until the top turns golden. At this point take the tray out of the oven and leave it to cool for about 15 minutes, before cutting it into bars – this is important for getting them to set!
Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes 20 bars (about 3×1-inch)
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (214 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.8/5 (388 Votes)
- Pork Grillades - CC 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- chalet suzanne's broiled grapefruit 0/5 (0 Votes)
- World Famous Shields Date Crystals... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paglia e Fieno 0/5 (0 Votes)