Chicken, Broccoli, and Brown Rice Casserole
- 2 (3 1/2 0z) bags boil -in-bag brown rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 8 0z. skinless and boneless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (12oz) bag microwave-in-bag broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1.Preheat broiler to high. Cook rice according to directions.
2.While rice cooks, heat a large 12 inch ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to pan. swirl to coat. Add onion. mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Saute 6 minutes or until chicken and onion are done.
3.Cook broccoli for three minutes
4. Combine milk and flour, stir with a whisk until smooth
5. Stir milk mixture into chicken mixture
6.Cook 2 minutes until bubbly and thick.
7. Stir in remaining salt.
8. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1 minute until cheese is melted.