Cashew Chicken Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing
The dressing also makes a great dip for vegetables
- 3 T. roasted, salted cashews
- 1 T. each chopped fresh ginger, cilantro and shallots
- 2 T. each rice vinegar and fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 t. honey
- 2 T. canola oil
- For the chicken:
- 1 T. each low-sodium soy sauce and toasted sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and black pepper
- For the salad:
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup snow peas, halved crosswide
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced daikon radish or red radish
- chopped roasted salted cashews
Preheat grill to medium-high.
For the dressing, pulse 3 T. cashews in a food processor until they form a paste. Add ginger, 1 T. cilantro, shallots, vinegar, lime juice, 1 T. soy sauce, 1 T. sesame oil, garlic and honey; pulse until minced, scraping sides of bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
For the chicken, whisk together 1 T. soy sauce and 1 T. sesame oil; brush on chicken. Grill chicken, covered, until 165 degrees. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
For the salad, combine cabbage, bok choy, snow peas, carrots, scallion whites, 1/2 cup cilantro and radish in a large bowl. Toss with dressing o coat. Slice chicken and top each salad with a sliced chicken breast.
Garnish salads with scallion greens and chopped cashews.