12 servings. 4 1/2 stars.
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped green pepper
- 1 T butter
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 oz can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
- 2 1/4 oz can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned & drained
- 12 oz spaghetti or angel hair, cooked & drained
- 8 ozs. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
In lg skillet saute onion & green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano & ground beef. Simmer uncovered for 10 min.
Place half the pasta in greased 13x9 in baking dish.m layer with half the vegetable mixture & 1 c cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
In sm bowl, combine soup & water until smooth; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30-35 min until heated through.