Picnic-Perfect Tuna-and-Macaroni Salad
A very tasty, mayonnaise-free tuna salad!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 12-oz. can tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbs plus 1 tsp. cider vinegar
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
2. While pasta is cooking, combine celery, onion, parsley, carrot and tuna in a large bowl. Add cooled macaroni and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and whisk. Pour over pasta and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition (per serving): 353 calories, 86 calories from fat, 9.7g total fat, 22.8mg cholesterol, 334.4mg sodium, 414.8mg potassium, 47.4g carbohydrates, 2.9g fiber, 3.6g sugar, 18.4g protein, 9.4 points.
Source: All You APRIL 2012
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)