Cheeseburger Mac Attack
- 5 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2-oz. serving
- 10 oz. raw lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 24 oz. (about 6 cups) frozen cauliflower and low-fat cheese sauce (like the kind by Green Giant)
- 3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Optional: salt and black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
In a large pot, prepare pasta very al dente, cooking for about half of the time indicated on the package. Drain well and set aside.
In a bowl, combine turkey, ketchup, and onion. Mix well. Add frozen cauliflower and cheese sauce and gently mix. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker. (A 4-qt. slow cooker is best!)
Add cooked pasta to the slow cooker and gently stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until the turkey is fully cooked.
Add cheese wedges and scallions, and stir until evenly distributed.
If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Dig in!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, about 1 cup): 179 calories, 5.75g fat, 512mg sodium, 19g carbs, 2g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 12.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*