*Blueberry Crumble Bars
- For the flour blend:
- 4 cups (480 grams) garbanzo???fava bean flour
- 4 cups (452 grams) sorghum flour
- 2 cups (324 grams) potato starch
- 1 1/3 cups (156 grams) tapioca starch
- For the crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup Basic Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup all-fruit blueberry preserves
Adapted from abcnews.go.com
For the flour blend:
Mix well and store in an air tight container, preferably in the refrigerator.
For the crumble:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly mist an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the quinoa flakes, flour blend, palm sugar, xanthan gum, kosher salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the canola oil, water, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
Stir until combined. Fold in the almonds and blueberries.
Press three-quarters of the dough into the bottom of the pan.
Mix the blueberry preserves with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest. Spread evenly on top of the dough. Break the remaining dough into marble-size pieces, sprinkle them across the preserves, and lightly press in.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating 180 degrees halfway through, until the edges are bubbling and the top is a light golden brown.
Allow the bars to cool completely in the baking pan on a wire rack.
Run a sharp paring knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the cookie before cutting into bars.
Cover and store at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)