Gnocchi with Creamy Tomato Sauce - CC
The partially cooked, vacuum-packed gnocchi found in the pasta aisle work best here, but refrigerated or frozen gnocchi can also be used.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add gnocchi and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
2. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and onion to now-empty skillet and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add cream and browned gnocchi to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi are tender, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until cheese is well browned, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
You'll also love
- Bananarama Wafer Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad with Butternut Squash and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soup of Roasted Fennel, Tomato,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kittencal's Lemon Shrimp Scampi... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Corn Orzo Salad with Chili... 0/5 (0 Votes)