Paula Deen's Fettuccine Chicken Salad
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (9-ounce) packages fresh fettuccine
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon The Lady's House Seasoning, divided, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: The Lady's Seasoned Salt)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and salt and pepper. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through but still juicy; do not overcook.
While chicken is cooking; cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse in cold water and drain again. Pat excess moisture off pasta with a paper towel, if necessary.
Combine mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, basil, House Seasoning, lemon juice and seasoned salt. Pour dressing over pasta and toss gently.
Place chicken strips on top of pasta.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.