Spinach Salad with Apples and Bacon
- For the Salad:
- 12 strips applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 Pink Lady apples, sliced
- 1 pkg. fresh baby spinach (5 oz. 8 - 10 cups)
- 6 hard cooked eggs, quartered
- For the Vinaigrette, Whisk:
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Roasted walnuts
Adapted from yahoo.com
For the salad, cook bacon in a non stick skillet until crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 T. drippings. Add shallots and cook over medium heat until softened 2 - 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
Heat 1 T. oil in same skillet and saute apples until just beginning to soften; 1 - 2 minutes; transfer apples to a plate.
For the vinaigrette, whisk apple juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard into skillet; simmer until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat. Whisk in 1/3 cup oil; season with salt and pepper.
Toss vinaigrette with spinach, bacon, shallots, apples and eggs. Top salad with walnuts.
You'll also love
- *Pumpkin Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken - Caribbean Bar-B-Q with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad with... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana and Nut Biscotti 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna alla Bolognese 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- My Chorizo Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Pork Tenderloin 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Tater Tots 4.4/5 (8 Votes)