Grilled Potatoes and Onions
- 1 potato per person (any kind of potatoes work; for the sake of sentimentality, I'm partial to Russetts, although red and Yukon Gold potatoes are so smooth and delicious)
- 1/2 small onion per person (the one pictured is a little large because I used some onions in the corn)
- 1 Tbsp. butter per person, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt per person
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Aluminum foil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Tear sheets (1 per person) of aluminum foil into about 16” pieces. Fold each in half into a sqaure-ish and set aside.
Preheat grill. Slice potatoes into pieces about 1/8-1/4” thick.
Slice onions about 1/8” thick. Place 1 potato in the middle of each foil square and dot with butter pieces.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then sprinkle generously with smoked paprika. Remember, paprika is super mild, so it’s hard to add too much. Top each pile with onions.
Fold edges in and secure tightly. It’s important to get a good seal because the moisture will cook the potatoes and onions and you want all those yummy juices, so if it seems like there’s not quite enough foil, wrap packet in another layer.
Turn heat on grill to low. Place each packet on the grill. Close lid for 15 minutes. Turn and allow to cook for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully open each packet.
(or, even better, let each person open their own packet—hey, less work for you, right??)
These can also be cooked in the oven at 400 for about 15-20 minutes (just check on them to see how they’re doing) or in a panini press for about the same amount of time.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Banana Soft... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp/Prawn Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegeatble egg rolls with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Oil Artisan Loaf with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Thighs Cacciatore... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carmelized Onion Pot Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato, Red Onion and Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)