Aromatic Whole Grilled Chicken
4 Hour Body
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground pepper (try a mix of white and black)
- 1 –2 Tbsp smoked sweet paprika (or just sweet paprika if you can’t find the smoked variety)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder or dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
1. Get the grill started first, so it comes up to at least 325°F before you put the bird on.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together and set the rub aside.
3. Set the chicken breast-side down and remove anything that’s inside the cavity.
4. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut down each side of the backbone to remove
it. The backbone runs right down the middle of the chicken.
5. When the backbone is removed, the chicken will fold open. Rub the bird with olive oil
then rub the spice mix generously all over the bird.
6. Cook the chicken with the grill lid on, checking and turning the bird every 15
minutes. Watch out for flare-ups and try to avoid letting the chicken come in direct
contact with flames. Cook until an internal temperature of at least 165°F is reached.