Pan Roasted Loin Of Lamb With Colorado Morel Mushroom Ragou
- RAGOUT OF MUSHROOMS:
- 2 boneless lamb loins
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil - (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh morels
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons red pepper brunoise
- 2 tablespoons green pepper brunoise
- 2 tablespoons yellow pepper brunoise
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly-chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups demi-glace
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Mix above ingredients thoroughly and marinate lamb for 1 hour before roasting. Sear lamb on a heavy soutior on all sides over medium-high heat. Then turn on low and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Let set for 25 minutes before slicing.
Ragout of Mushrooms: Saute morels and shallots in olive oil. Deglace with red wine and balsamic vinegar. Add sugar, parsley, and black pepper. Let reduce by half. Add demi-glace. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add peppers for color.
Place morels on plate and place four 1/4-inch thick slices of lamb on top.
This recipe yields 6 servings.