Cabbage Soup-Low Sodium
- 1 pound turkey breast, ground
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, grated
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 small head cabbage, grated
- 1/4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 quart water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt free seasoning blend
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 3/4 tsp white pepper
Adapted from allhealthyrecipes.net
Brown turkey meat and onion in a Dutch oven.
Stir in the carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, kidney beans and long grain rice.
Add bay leaves and water. Season with basil, thyme, pepper, dill weed and seasoning blend.
Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until cooked thorough.