Spring Veggie Pasta
If peas and carrots bring back memories of that dreaded cafeteria side dish, this simple, fresh pasta will change your mind.
- 1 TBS butter
- 5 oz thinly diagonally sliced baby carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh asparagus tips
- 1/2 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon rind, divided (1 tsp / 1 tsp)
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz fresh lasagna noodles, cut into 1/2" wide strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, mint, or parsley
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl until foamy. Add carrots; saute 1 minute. Add chicken stock; simmer 4 minutes. Add asparagus, peas, and 1 tsp lemon rind; simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup and vegetables are crisp tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
3. Add noodles to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Stir in 1/4 cup cooking liquid; add cooking liquid as needed to thin sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp rind and dill over pasta mixture. Divide pasta mixture into 4 shallow bowls. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 12 Weight Watchers points.